“To dream is to Journey beyond the borders of reality. And to realise a dream is to dare change. A life condition“
These words well evocates the spirit of my recent Interail Journey through Spain and France. From the 25th of july to August 17th 2011, I’ve been travelling from Modena (Italy) my hometown, to Barcelona, Valencia, Calpe (Costa Blanca), Granada, Sevilla, and finally Paris (too tired to leave for Arles the last day).
What makes it so special? well, the unique laughs, silences, words, thoughts and emotions caught only by our hearts and memories, not by the cameras. The feeling that you’ll be always on the road, without feeling attached to any place, and not longing for staying. The best mosaic of emotion that you could ever experience when still young but nearly adult, such as me and my friend were.
– 2 girls with big rucksack on their shoulder (green and black);
– Very confortable, on time, elegant and fast spanish train RENFE that made us discover almost the whole Spain (except for the islands and northen regions);
– Funny meetings with the local people, always gently, and stange tourists from all over the World;
– Very good and spicy food;
– Wonderful and different Temperate Climates (Thoug Sevilla in August is very hot!);
– The Quickness of changing languages (in my case english, spanish, italian, romenian and French);
– Unexpected problems (logistic, hotels, crazy drivers such as in Madrid);
– 20 days at a very little cost (we never felt the need of a turistic card, the metro weren’t expensive, and the entrance at most museums were free because we were aged less than 26. This was the case of Prado Museum in madrid and Musée Guimet in Paris);
– A cohabitation in hotels, trains and metro 24 a day that has strenghned a friendship;
– Meeting good friends after 7 years in different countries (Jenny, Olivier à Paris);
– Lots of beautiful descriptions of the cities, the people, colours, tastes, music and cultures of these beautiful countries;
– useless maps
Ready? Then keep reading…